Five important steps to remember before leaving your St Andrews property over the Christmas and New Year holiday….
1. It can get very cold over the christmas period. Please leave your Central heating timer set to constant with the radiators turned to a low setting – Frost or setting No. 1 should be plenty. This is the most cost effective way to safely leave your home without fear of frozen or burst pipes over Christmas and New Year, and will save any large bills for maintenance in the long run.
2. Leave your property safely locked and secured. The Christmas and New Year holiday is an especially vulnerable time for empty properties and we strongly advise you to remove any valuables and check all doors and windows are safely locked.
3. Empty the fridge of any foods likely to spoil. Cancel any milk and newspaper deliveries.
4. Remove any refuse from inside the house and leave your property clean and tidy. Start the New year with a welcoming clean and fresh home!
5. To avoid disconnection of any services please make sure all your bills are fully paid up to date. Remember providers do have the right to break into your home and disconnect your services if bills remain unpaid!
And finally, The Team at Inchdairnie will be round to check any empty properties, so impress us all and follow these easy steps to make the Christmas holidays hassle free and to keep your home warm and comfortable. We wish all our tenants, friends and readers a ‘Very Merry Christmas’ and hope your holidays are filled with fun.